April 23, 2012

A week in Florida

Just got home from a week in Florida!  It was a wonderful rest, even though I did manage to get heat exhaustion while at Universal Studios.  That was not a good day, but the peeps at Universal were fabulous and let us come back to finish our visit 2 days later at no extra charge.  So nice!  The Harry Potter section was by far the family favourite!  Our kids are like Trekkies, but for Harry Potter.  And I have to admit to being a bit of a fan myself.  


It looked a bit dodgy at first, but that butterbeer is delicious!



Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry


We ate lunch at the Three Broomsticks


Loved Olivander's!  Pretty much a re-enactment of the wand scene from the first Harry Potter.


Our 5 year old, although pretty well versed in everything Harry Potter due to having 2 older sisters, loved Dr. Seuss land.  


Love this picture.  But I also just love The Lorax!

While we were gone, the new roof went up!  Kind of hard to get a good picture of it because it is so high up, but it is now a nice charcoal grey (instead of hunter green).  We also put in two skylights and two sun tunnels (both by Velux).  I didn't love not being around for all this, and the skylights that were put in were a bit smaller than I wanted, but what can you do!  It will all look great in the end.  I'd say that my dad did a pretty fantastic job of co-ordinating things without me around.  And so great for me to see so much progress after a week of relaxation!  


But that's the end of the rest!  So much to work on now.  We've got windows coming in a week, stucco to arrange, the gable ends to finish, the basement floor to pour, insulation to order, the interior framing to finalize, quoting for heating and air conditioning....




3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a fun & relaxing vacation in sunny Florida :)
    I've been reading through all your posts to get caught up with the projects & progress and I just have to say WOW you guys are really doing a massive job here! I can't wait to see what comes next since you're so close to the *fun* parts now that the major structural issues are taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martina. It's a big project, but I'm loving it. So exciting to see it all come together. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Okay I’ve enjoyed reading about the house and everything but my inner Harry Potter nerd has to say that this is my favorite post so far. Plus the Lorax! My all-time favorite book as a child and possibly the greatest movie in 2012.

    ReplyDelete