June 03, 2012

Basement Framing

The last of the interior framing is done!  The basement.  As you can see in these pictures, it is very hard to photograph interior framing which is why I haven't blogged about it too much.  It just looks like a mess of 2x4's.  


This will be the basement TV room/playroom --the biggest room down there.


Still kind of hard to get the picture so I decided to try and mess around with floorplanner.com.  Up until now, I have done all of my space planning by hand on graph paper.  I still think I prefer it that way, but this was pretty neat to do.

And the best part is, that it can give you a 3D view of your space.


That you can move around!



Very cool.
We also started electrical work (beginning with the 3rd floor) last week. What a lot of work that is turning out to be!  I'll post more on that later.
And they started the plumbing.  Drains first.  


Things are really moving around here, and I am really starting to feel the stress of it now.  There are so many times that I wish we had an architect or a designer helping me with all the planning and decisions.  Or at least a nanny to take care of the kids, cook, and clean ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Cool, a basement renovation! Looks like yours is coming along nicely. I know what you mean about the stress of it all... 10 million decisions that you have to live with forever.

    Thanks for commenting on my blog (and helping me find yours!).

    ReplyDelete